Ingredients (for 30 biscuits)
125 g unsalted butter
350 g plain flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
80 g treacle
1 tsp. grated orange zest
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, salt, ginger and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Melt the butter and treacle in a small pan.
4. Mix salt, orange zest and the egg with an electric mixer. Pour in the treacle-butter mix and stir well. Add the flour mix and make a nice dough.
5. Divide the dough into 30 small balls. Put them on the tray and flatten them a little.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.