Remove the pies from the oven and leave to cool. Remove from the pie dish, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with brandy butter! Yummy :)
- 1 large jar mincemeat (about 600g)
- 2 satsumas, segmented
- 1 apple, finely chopped
- zest 1 lemon
- little icing sugar, for dusting
- 375g plain flour
- 260g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g caster sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 large egg, plus 1 beaten egg for glazing
2. Scoop the mincemeat into a bowl and add the satsumas, apple and zest.
3. Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Roll out the pastry to 3mm thick. Using a round cutter (about 10cm), cut out 16 bases and place them into muffin trays. Put 11⁄2 tbsp mincemeat mixture into each. Brush the edge of each pie with a little beaten egg. Re-roll out the pastry to cut 7cm lids and press them on top to seal. Glaze with the rest of the egg, sprinkle with caster sugar, then make a small cut in the tops.
4. Bake mince pies for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool before releasing them from the muffin trays and dusting with icing sugar. Serve.